On the first Sunday of every October,
hundreds of millions of people around the world join together to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. In just a few years, this event has quickly become the largest Israel-focused prayer event in history.
But why set aside this day each year to pray for Jerusalem?
We set aside this one day each year to raise global awareness and intercession
for God's purposes in Israel, knowing that this hour in history is critical and our authority in prayer is great. Though we pray every day for Israel, we seek on this day to unite believers around the world in raising a cry to Heaven on behalf of this troubled, but strategic land and its people. We believe in God's promises for His beloved nation and fervently pray to hasten the day when He brings fulfillment to His word.
Begun in 2002 in meetings with leading political and religious leaders from Israel and the United States, this is now the largest prayer movement of its kind, with over 1000 key leaders within the Evangelical Christian world lending their active support.
Video of Global Highlights from the
2013 Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem
Our vision is for sustained, fervent, and informed global intercession for the plans and purposes of God for Jerusalem and all her people. Our goal, by God's grace, is that by this coming October we will have at least 175 participating nations and 300 million believers praying for the peace of Jerusalem.
6 ways YOU can be part of this global prayer movement.
- Pray: The most important thing you can do is pray. On the first Sunday of every October, join us and millions of Christians around the world in praying for the Peace of Jerusalem.
- Visit the Day of Prayer website: Find valuable resources for your church, your campus, your home, and your kids at www.daytopray.com. Read testimonies and find our what leaders are saying about this historic event. With over 300 pages of information, this site is packed with resources to help you be an informed intercessor for Israel and all her people.
- Sign your name on the Prayer Resolution: Visit our website to read and sign your name with thousands of believers and leaders to the Prayer Resolution that started the Day of Prayer back in 2002. Click here to sign the resolution today.
- Register your church to participate: Register your church to participate in this year's Day of Prayer. Our website has an abundance of tools and resources, like sermon notes, powerpoint, videos, and more to help you host your own prayer service this October. Click here to register your church today.
- Contact your regional coordinator: Visit our website to locate your regional coordinator for the Day of Prayer. There are hundreds of coordinators located around the world to help you make the most out of this opportunity to bless Israel. Click here to find your own regional Day of Prayer coordinator.
- Order your FREE* Prayer for Jerusalem Packet: The KAIROS Resource Center carries a number of Day of Prayer resources, including the FREE* Prayer for Jerusalem Packet. This packet includes a bulletin insert that you can reproduce for your church, posters, a prayer card to guide you in intercession for Israel, a "Why Stand with Israel" booklet and a DVD to help educate your congregation about why they need to stand with Israel. Click here to order your packet today.
*Shipping and handling charges apply.